Clinical Services International is a specialized supplier of pharmaceutical products and services for clinical trials. We do Intelligent Sourcing of medicines, OTC, Generics, Diagnostics and Medical Devices throughout the world, supplying the clinical trials that develop tomorrow’s medicines. We are looking to recruit a pharmacist to join our team.
We offer a fully integrated service:
Comparator Sourcing and Reference Listed Drugs
Manage the entire supply chain and offer tailor-made solution for clinical trials
Advancing Immuno-Oncology studies with world-leading access to Branded Medicines, Generics and Biosimilars.
For further information pls check our web site www.clinicalservices.eu
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, CSI, you will be responsible for clients located all over the world and fulfil all day-to-day operations and duties
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking full responsibility and accountability for requests, delivery, and opportunities to create added value
- Driving projects towards successful conclusion while supervising that communication, procurement, logistics, business development, operations, quality and administration respecting regulations and company´s Standard Operating Procedures
- Preparing quotes and follow up on orders for the acquisition of goods
- Follow the process the entire order lifecycle
- Pro-actively communicating the project status to all stakeholders, liaising with all stakeholders to ensure on-time project management
- Coordinating workflows with various service providers
- Identifying and proactively resolving order-related discrepancies from a quality and financial perspective
- Comply with Global Standard Operating Procedures
- Coordinate work with logistics service providers: depots, carriers, customs agents and relabelling/repackaging providers
- Proactively collaborating with other internal departments by maintaining a consistent communication flow, i.e with the Business Development team to maintain a consistent communication flow with customers
- Working towards eliminating operational issues on own initiative and by respecting directives from management
- Contributing to the science driven approach to business with your knowledge and expertise.
- Support company’s growth by continuously seeking ways to improve quality, range of services and geographic coverage.
This role is part of the expansion program at CSI and requires a high degree of professionalism where the following skills & capabilities are essential:
- Customer centricity
- Result orientation
- Market knowledge Teamwork spirit
- You hold a Bachelor´s degree, with a preferred focus on pharmacy, A master’s degree and /or Prince II will be desirable.
- You must have a sound understanding of wholesale, logistics and foreign trading and a minimum of 4 years of professional work experience in the pharmaceutical industry or in project management and in customer services.
- You ideally have an experience in a profit driven organization, and an international experience would be of advantage
- You are business fluent in English, the knowledge of German or one additional language would be an asset
- You have solid customer service attitude with high sense of client´s confidentiality
- You have a profound cross-cultural awareness and understanding and excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels of the organisation
- You are detail and goal oriented and customer centric
- You are able to quickly learn in a fast-changing environment, with a continuous improvement attitude
- You are highly motivated and a reliable team player with proven problem-solving skills
In return we offer:
An amazing opportunity to contribute to a fast growing, pharmaceutical company.
A ‘can do’ culture where you will be encouraged to get involved in a range of exciting initiatives and to introduce new ideas
A warm, welcoming environment based in Central London.
The opportunity to learn new skills and ongoing personal development and career opportunities
Competitive salary dependent on experience, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holiday, Pension Scheme, great working environment.
What’s in it for you?
Career Progression: You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities and work with highly experience people in the industry. From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to engaging with Blue Chip Pharmaceutical clients.
Clinical Services International Ltd. (CSI)
50 Sloane Avenue
Please send your CV and letter explaining why you wish to apply to email@example.com
Ref PHR 08
Closing Date: 6th September
Interview will be conducted 9-20th September
No agencies please