Supporting and Facilitating Innovative Thinking
Investigator Initiated Studies are independent patient-focused studies led by physicians rather than commercial organisations. They advance medical and scientific knowledge about patient care in the real world.
We work with physicians and Academic Institutions to source the products and support them in every step of the process.
These Trials are particularly important because:
- Provide safety and effectiveness information for already approved drugs
- Encourage participation of academics that bring a plethora of expertise
- Explore use of marketed drugs in new indications in approved sub-populations in new dosages or combinations with other drugs
- Foster scientific exchange and collaboration especially in areas of rare diseases
- Are not driven by potential commercial outcome but rather fulfilling scientific interests